Saturday, May 4, 2013

Essays and essays and essays and....

So! My body decided to have the flu and stomach flu during the time period where Dr. Preston assigned 300 essays which blows, but I did three out of the bajillion so yippee! One of each, prose, open, and poetry. I don't feel very confident with them, so I will just be showing them to ze Doctor. The prose was the essay prompt that Preston gave us regarding Lutie Johnson?(maybe that was her name..) and her surroundings. UGH. That essay was a toughie. It wasn't even so much the task, as in analyzing a relationship between two things, but the fact that one was an entire setting and the other a person. It was just so odd, never had encountered anything like that. My open essay was on 1984 and it was another essay in which you speak about the relationship between a character and their setting. That one I didn't find as hard though seeing as how I had read the entire book so there was much more examples to work with whereas with the prose I was confined to a passage. Lastly, was my poetry essay. Yikes, where to begin. Poetry is my downfall, definitely. I have a hard time understanding how to explain certain poetic techniques such as rhyme or different types of verses. I chose the same poem that I did my grid lock on because I felt that throwing myself at a new poem every time wouldn't exactly help me. I knew my problem lied in my understanding of poetic techniques, and not different types of poems. Aside from that I haven't much to say! If you wanna see my essays.... I will probably say no :P But you can try. I have to say yes to Preston, because... you know... he's sort of in charge of grades and what not.

No comments:

Post a Comment