Tuesday, September 4, 2012

NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA

You can either look at that title as an allusion towards Paul McCartney or Batman. If I were to say it relates to a hero though..... nope, Paul McCartney could still be up there.
A man with a cape! The connotation is batman right? Now, I don't know much about this fella, but he's the super hero I know most about out of all of them.
I'm also not sure what we're supposed to do with this superhero... a sort of dissection I suppose?
SO. There's this kid Bruce Wayne. His father, a very well respected man, is very wealthy and known for his contributions to the city of Gotham since they better the city as a whole. Back to lil Bruce. He has a fear of bats (I do too, but I fear just about everything). One day, lil Bruce falls down a well and gets "attacked"(it wasn't full out attack) by bats and he gets very afraid. His father comes to get him and says one of the most important lines in the movie. Something along... ",why do we fall? so we can pick ourselves back up,". Later at some sort of extravagant event, lil Bruce witnesses his father and mother's deaths by a Gotham city hobo trying to score himself some nice pearls and a wallet full of cash.
To be honest, I don't know what happens after this (and to think I went to see The Dark Knight Rises movie marathon featuring all the Batman movies). Point is, he becomes a hero for the people Gotham and a nemesis for all authorities in Gotham.
Transitioning into how and why he's a superhero looked up to. How? He's somewhat able to be related to. Not in the essence of being afraid of bats and becoming this sort of vigilante of a city in trouble, but in that he has a fear like all of us. We all have fears that we either submit to, or more often try to overcome. Not only that but his situation is sort of possible. Let me expand on that, because as I re-read I see it makes no sense. It's not like he has "spidey-senses" or can fly or has super strength. He's just kind of a normal guy. A normal, rich guy with lots of connection, but hey, that's a lot more possible than miraculously being able to lift cars and fly away with them. There's a feeling of possibility there. That maybe we could make a difference like he did and overcome our very own fears while helping others at the same time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment