Monday, August 20, 2012

Reflections on Week One

1. I think the whole collaboration aspect of this class is going to weigh me down. I know I'm capable of collaborating with others and speaking with them, it's my matter of effectiveness involving this that worries me. I'm a tiddy bit socially awkward and consider myself an introvert. However, I realize how important collaboration is in this class so I shall persevere like none other!
2. This isn't the coolest or most awesome thing I've learned, but it's up there. In seventh grade I took industrial technology and one of the mini courses in there was bridge building. I learned all the different ways bridges are built and what makes the strongest bridge. I then had to use what I learned to make a teeny bridge that had to hold at least ten pounds. Mine ended up holding double that weight and the blisters on my fingers ended up being well worth the pride I obtained from it.
3. I'm excited about being allowed to venture into what interests me (assuming that's still happening this year). Aside from that I really want to read some Dickens.... tis all. I can gain an advanced understanding of what I one day hope to pursue and read some good literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment