Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Gridlock

Oyyy, I was not here in class for this, so I'm giving it a wack! If I feel it's absolutely terrible, I shall ask ze Doctor for help.

Title: Safe Sex
The title alone is a little fuzzy in understanding, but once the poem is read, you see that it alludes to the idea of a "safe" relationship where feelings are left out and yet you can supposedly remain satisfied.

Paraphrase:
Hall proposes a scenario where one ejects their own feelings of affection from another and as a result there less pain and struggle.

Attitude:
I'd say cold. Throughout the whole thing there's no feeling of love or warmth. It's a little twisted seeing as how the point of the poem (through my perspective) is to portray the good qualities of love, by boldly stating the terrifying qualities of it.

Shift:
I'm not quite sure on where the shift is. There's definitely a point in the poem where the examples and phrases become a little more harsh, but in the end the entire thing is a little brutal so I feel as if it's a bit up to perspective as to where the poem shifts.

Title Revisited:
Trying to leave emotions out of love, results in nothing. (that makes more sense in my head)

Theme:
Love is a feeling based on emotional ups AND downs

No comments:

Post a Comment